Digital book is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. Digital books are usually intended to be read on dedicated e-reader devices. However, almost any sophisticated computer device that features a controllable viewing screen can also be used to read digital books, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
1. Content of digital book is the development of related subjects taught in schools. It can be made by individual or team work at school. (Example: Junior High School science teachers will develop digital books with related themes to science subject for Junior High School).
2. Students/college students participants could develop digital book related with their favorite subject and 21st century education matter.
You are eligible to register in this program if:
You are a student of Lower Secondary/ Upper Secondary/ Vocational High School/ College/University lived in Southeast Asian countries (Active Student Cards needed).
You are teachers in Southeast Asian countries (Active Teacher Cards needed).
You are not a professional digital book developer.
Term and Conditions
1. Digital book must be made in EPUB or other format which support Multimedia file.
2. Recommended Software to use : Sigil, ViewPorter, Flip Book Creator, Adobe InDesign and other which support EPUB and Multimedia file.
3. Digital book could be run at one of this mobile devices (Android, iOS, and Windows Phone) and Web (Browser).
4.Digital book at least consist of Cover, Colophon, Automatic Table of Content and supported Learning Video.
5. Digital book must display SEAMOLEC logo.
6. Formated digital book is the development of related subjects taught in schools. It must be individual or team work at school. (Example: Junior High School science teachers will format digital books with related themes to science subject for Junior High School).
7. Students/college students and amateur participants could format digital book related with their favorite subject and 21st century education matter.
8. Professional participants will automatically disqualified.
9. The digital book has never been contested or publicly published.
10. Any part of racism, religion issue, sexual harrasment or pornography item are strictly prohibited.
11. Digital book should be uploaded in www.competition.seamolec.org and seamarket.seamolec.org
12. Like SEAMOLEC official facebook fanpage: @SEAMEO SEAMOLEC
13. Follow SEAMOLEC official twitter account : @seamolec
Submission Period : 1 November 2016 – 31 January 2017.
Criteria of Assessment
1. Book cover consists of title, book author, production year and should have a harmony and interesting design (20%).
2. Colophon consist of title, book author, production year, and one of language, publisher, and ISBN number (if any), edition (production date, modification, publication), ilustrator, and copyright (10%).
3. Completness of table of content, at least using heading 2 (H2) and could navigate to book content (10%).
4. Content book layout (20%).
- Font consistency
- Text layout.
- Harmonisation between text, picture, video, and animation.
5. Book content with instrument (20%)
- The relevance between the title and Book
- Writing of resources and references.
- Writing of bibliography.
- Function effectiveness of illustration (pictures, tables, video, audio, and animation).
6. Consist of more than 1 video or 1 visual simulation/animation and could be play at digital book. (20%)